So I used to be the kinda girl who would wear make up every day, even if I wasn’t going out anywhere. I just could not be seen without the stuff on. Don’t get me wrong I wasn’t a false lash kinda girl, they look great on some people, but they have just never been of any interest to me.
When I fell pregnant I gradually wore less make up even when going to work. Partly because I just couldn’t be bothered and partly because my skin had that lovely pregnancy glow that you get.
Once I had my son I pretty much didn’t bother with the stuff for quite a while…well a couple of months. Then I started wearing a lot more and then once again it’s tapered off. It’s not because I don’t have the time or that I can’t be bothered but more because I feel like I don’t need to wear it on a day-to-day basis at home. I will however make the effort at the weekends to do a full make up look whether it be something natural/colourful or smokey.
I have noticed that lately I keep going to the same products more often than I go to others so I wanted to share with you my go to products that I like to wear. (You can see the Image at the top of the post)
Here’s my list of products I like to use and how much they cost and where I got them from.
- Max Factor Second Skin foundation in 070 natural – I like to use this one if I want something nice and sheer and if I have a little colour to my skin. £8.55 Amazon
- Bourjois 123 Perfect foundation in No: 51 Light vanilla – This one I use if I want something with a little more coverage and if I have some uneven skin tone ie dark circles under my eyes….This has been a lot lately due to a teething 1-year-old. £10.99 Boots
- Collection 2000 lasting perfection Concealer (I don’t know the colour has it has worn off but it’s probably the lightest one). This is a fantastic concealer it lasts all day and isn’t heavy. £4.19 boots
- Rimmel Stay Matte pressed powder in 001 Transparent – I’ve used this powder for years now and it really is good, it doesn’t cake up on my face and it does last and it’s really inexpensive. £3.99 Boots
- Maybelline Great Last Waterproof Mascara in Very Black – Again I have used this product for years now and I love it and it is so buildable without clumping. I’ve tried other mascara’s over the years but I always go back to this one as it never lets me down. £4.99 Boots
- Maybelline 24hr Colour Tattoo in 65 pink gold – These colour tattoos really do what they say on the lid. I have a total of maybe 6 different colours and they make for fantastic primers to go under eyeshadow and they also help bring out the pigment of the eyeshadow if you’re using a similar colour. £4.99 boots
- Make up Revolution Redemption Palette in Iconic 3 – This I have had for a couple of months now and this brand make some fantastic products that are really cheap but with great payoff. This palette is (so I have read online) a fantastic dupe for the Urban Decay Naked 3 palette. I’ve not seen it in person or used the Naked 3 palette so I really can’t comment but there are plenty of reviews online for this palette. £4 Superdrug.
- Make up Revolution Ultra Blush Palette in Hot Spice – This is a nice collection of blushes and 2 highlights, I tend to reach for this palette when wearing blush because the colour selection in my opinion covers most looks I do. £6 Superdrug
- Make up Revolution Ultra Professional Eyeshadow Palette in Beyond Flawless – For me this is a great palette like the Redemption palette the eyeshadow’s have fantastic payoff and there is a good mixture of matte and shimmer and a good mixture of light and dark neutrals. £8 Superdrug.
So there you have it my go to make up products. Now I will use other products but these tend to be the ones I grab as there is plenty of choice without rooting around my make up case for 5 minutes trying to find what I want.
Let me know what your go to products are and if you have any time-saving tips you’d like to share with me and the other mummies out there.
As always thanks for reading and until next time