Unless you follow me on social media, you are probably wondering what the post is about, going on the title. Well let me explain.
My picture on my home page shows me with short hair. Well I shaved it off!
I’ll explain before you think I am some crazy hormonal pregnant woman. For a few weeks I have toyed with the idea of shaving my head, there are many reasons which I shall list below:-
- I could no longer be bother with the time it was taking
- I couldn’t justify spending £40 plus at the hair dresser’s when I have a baby on the way
- It has been bloody hot lately
- I won’t have to think/worry about it when I have the baby
- I’ll save so much money on shampoo/hair care products etc as I won’t use as much as often.
- I don’t have to damage my hair with heat or hair dye because it so short.
- It literally take no time at all to get ready in the morning, esp if I’m not doing my makeup
- I have more time to do my makeup as I spend 2 minutes on my hair…not even that long
- I wanted I complete change, never been this short before
- It literally take no time at all to get ready in the morning ( I’ve listed this twice as it’s a big plus)
Before you start saying “wow your so brave” etc it took me like 3o minutes to grow a pair and actually shave my head. Imagine this….Me and my pregnant belly was sat on the floor looking in a mirror trying to decide whether I should do it or not. With Matt stood in the door way laughing at my complete lack of ability to decide already.
To be honest I was completely scared Shitless. ( Sorry for the swear word but that is how I felt) What if I looked awful? what if it makes me look ugly? etc where all thought’s that went through my head, I wanted to do it but I was scared, I was scared of how I’d look and that it would be my biggest regret/ mistake.
However after I had done the task…well I started it off (the most important part when shaving your head for the first time) and Matt did the rest for me. I started to notice a change in myself. The next day I got myself ready and did my makeup for work and I instantly felt so much more confident. I felt invigorated and to be honest I still do.
The thing is when your hair is so short there is nothing to hide your face behind. It’s completely out there for the world to see, either you wear the hair style with confidence or it wears you! Forgive me for saying this but I feel more like me, more sexy. I don’t feel like I’m some frumpy pregnant mum with no sense of Identity.
Shaving my head has been the best thing I have done for myself. I feel confident, sexy and free. Free from the worry of making sure my hair is styled perfectly and from the worry of what the weather would do to it. It is definitely something I would recommend to anyone considering shaving their head. I will say this though, I have only shaved mine down to a number 8 guard.
I think you’ll agree it’s quite a change and for me has changed the way I look.
Have you ever shaved your head or been tempted to shave your head? share your thoughts or story with my I’d love you hear them. And I will definitely urge you to shave your head if you are on the fence.
Please do get in touch, I love hearing from you all. I will reply to everyone. If you enjoyed this post please feel free to have a nosey around the site and if you like what you have read then please do subscribe to get the latest posts and pregnancy updates straight to your email.
Thank you for reading and until next time.