So the other day I was given the honour of being nominated for the Liebster Award by the very lovely Tori over at The Adultier Adult. I first came across Tori’s blog on Facebook in one of the blogging communities on there. The thing that caught my eye off the bat with her blog was her tag line….
The horrifying moment when you are looking for an adult but then you realise you are an adult. So you look for an older adult. Someone successfully adulting. An Adultier Adult.
Tori At The Adultier Adult
Her style of writing just hooks me in. She is a beautiful writer and really funny, please go and check her out, you will not be disappointed one little bit. I’ve put the link in at the top.
I’m a fairly new blogger but had seen the Liebster award floating around in tweets and stuff didn’t really know what it was and just assumed it was for Bloggers who have been around a while, you know, the pro’s. So I goggled it to see what it was and I found out that it is an award for bloggers by Bloggers. It is basically an award that is passed from one blogger to another to help build a community amongst bloggers and to help in the discovery of new bloggers/blogs. All in all it’s a way of sharing the Love.
And who doesn’t love a bit of love in this world?
So here are the questions that Tori has asked…
1) What was the stupidest piece of advice you were ever given regarding parenthood?
To be totally honest I don’t recall ever getting stupid advice from anyone and if I have I must’ve just not listened.
2) What was your earliest childhood memory?
I have quite a few surprisingly….but the one that stands out the most and is probably my favourite is when I was little couldn’t have been more than 3 or 4, my mum, brother and I use to climb into to my brother bed at bedtime and my mum would read us The Hobbit by J. R. R. Tolkien.
3) What was your favourite book as a child?
Again because of my favourite memory it has to be The Hobbit by J. R. R. Tolkien.
4) What did you want to be when you grew up? Did you do it?
I wanted to be so many different things…a Hair dresser, and the I wanted to study Volcanoes then tornadoes then I wanted to be a photographer…and then Life happened and none of them happened but I did do an online photography course while pregnant and getting back into it now.
5) Most children have a favourite toy that they sleep with. What was yours? Do you still have it?
Mine was a pink and white teddy bear with felt eyes and nose. One side of his head is lob sided because I use to sleep on that part. I think my mum still has it in her loft.
6) What was your favourite childhood movie?
Probably Sleeping Beauty but I loved Disney films in general and still do.
7) How much did the tooth fairy give you?
I think I use to get £1 maybe have been 50p though.
8) What was the naughtiest thing you did as a kid?
I was quite a naughty little toddler/child and the worst/ naughtiest thing I did was kick my brother in the balls. (Not Nice).
9) Were your presents from Santa wrapped or not?
All our present’s were wrapped but my unfortunately my brother told me quite early on that Santa wasn’t real.
10) What was your favourite game as a kid?
I had so many but I think it would have to be Tig or 44 in. (I know you’re looking at me weird it’s a mix of tig and hide and seek)
11) What is the one piece of advice you hope your kids follow?
The one piece of advice I hope my kids follows is alway be true to yourself and never let anyone try to change who you are.
So now I have to choose my nominations…….
Hannah at The journey of an Anxious Parent
Lauren at The Perfect Blend
Clare at Sons, Sand & Sauvignon
Tracey at The Creative Pair
Sadie at Fit For Parenting
Helen at Sandy’s Castle
Jade at Lady & the Baby
Jo at Momma Boss
Shelley at Shelley Loves
Alina at All Mums Talk
Kerry at My Boys and Me!
So we have the nominations now here are the rules:-
1. Acknowledge, link back and thank the person that nominated you.
2. Use the Liebster Award image to add to the post.
3. Answer 11 questions given to you
4. Nominate up to 11 bloggers.
5. Don’t forget to let these bloggers know!
6. Give them 11 questions to answer.
Are you ready? here are the questions:-
- What is your favourite way to have “Me Time”
- Sleep…Overated? yes or no lol
- What is the one thing you want to show your kids how to do
- Wine, Coffee or Tea
- Favourite book
- what do you wish you had more time for
- Dream destination
- your 3 must have’s for being a mother
- weirdest dream
- Biggest fear
- What made you decide to blog
Let me know when you’ve answered your questions I’d love to see you answers
For more post’s from me give me a follow.